Friday, April 16, 2010

Bread Stores are Best!

I do not know what I did before I found a wholesale bread store.  Oh, yeah.  I spent way too much money on bread!  Here was my trip from yesterday:

2 loaves Whole Wheat Bread,
2 packages of Bagel Thins,
3 packages of Cinnamon Raisin English Muffins,
1 package of Multi-grain Sandwich Thins,
1 package of Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bagels, and
1 package of Crustini Buns.

Grand total: $10.61, tax and all!  Now, if I had bought this at the super-store, I would have paid a minimum of $3 per loaf, for a total of $30.  I have the convenience of having enough freezer space to store about 10 loaves at the time, which is good because I also live a 20-minute drive to town.  If you have the luxury of being nearby a bakery, you could make a weekly stop.  I don't know about your family, but we can put away that much bread in about 3 weeks.  That's an annual savings of $350 on bread alone.  As far as taste and shelf-life are concerned, I have NEVER been disappointed.  The turnover in these stores is so high, they stock almost daily.  If you haven't located a bakery yet, here are some links to help you find one locally:

Mrs. Baird's
Interstate Bread Companies
Holsum Bakery

You can also head over to Yellowpages.com or CitySearch and look for "bread store," "bakery thrift store," or "bakery," and you should be able to find any in your area.  Now let's go out there and save some money!

No comments:

Post a Comment