Monday, May 10, 2010

Bistro Braised Chicken

I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical when I started making this dish, but it turned out to be one of the best dishes I've tried recently.  The combination of vegetables, dijon mustard, and plums gave the chicken some real zing.  While the cooking time was a little lengthy, the prep was pretty minimal.  I just had to chop a few veggies, brown the meat, saute the veggies, and let it do its thing.  It was so luscious and filling, I couldn't believe I was still eating healthy.  Here's the calorie count for a 4 ounce thigh, 1 1/2 c. noodles (1 oz. uncooked), and 1/8 of the total gravy and vegetables:

  • Total calories: 292
  • Total fat: 6 g (1 g saturated)
  • Cholesterol: 94 mg
  • Sodium: 279 mg
  • Carbohydrates: 28 g
  • Fiber: 3 g
  • Sugar: 5 g
  • Protein: 28 g
This recipe is definitely a keeper!  You could certainly adjust the portion size as needed for your daily allowances and add a simple green veggie or salad as a side.  Most guys would probably want to eat a second thigh to reach their protein and calorie intakes (another 135 calories and 22 grams of protein).  Let me know what you think, and please post your successes on the blog.  Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment