Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken with Pecan Pesto Penne

This was another home-run.  I started with the basic premise of stuffing mushrooms into chicken, but that's pretty much the only similarity to the original dish.  I must admit that I rarely try a recipe by the book.  I guess I just know what flavors I like, but more importantly, I know how many calories I need to consume.  I wanted to use the pesto in the dish as well, and it was a perfect compliment to the earthy mushrooms without overpowering them.  The calorie count is for a 6-ounce piece of chicken with stuffing and 1/6th of the pasta, approximately 1 cup.

  • Total calories: 225 g(chicken) 191.5 g(pasta)
  • Total fat: 4.7 g(chicken) 6.6 g(pasta) (sat. 1 g each)
  • Cholesterol: 100 mg(chicken) 3.33 mg(pasta)
  • Sodium:  120 mg(chicken) 38.6 mg(pasta)
  • Carbohydrates: 2.3 g(chicken) 25.8 g(pasta)
  • Fiber: .7 g(chicken) 2.9 g(pasta)
  • Sugar: 1.1 g(chicken) 1.4 g(pasta)
  • Protein: 42 g(chicken) 7.6 g(pasta)
Check out the links to the recipes and please give me your feedback.  Happy eating!
  1. Pecan Pesto
  2. Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken
  3. Pecan Pesto Pasta

No comments:

Post a Comment