Sunday, May 30, 2010

Shrimp Fra Diavolo with Pecan Pesto Focaccia

There is nothing more satisfying than a plate of delicious pasta.  The only thing better is making it in 20 minutes!  Yes, you read it right: 20 minutes!  I'm not counting the hour and 20 minutes the focaccia perked away in the bread machine, but everything else took 20 minutes, start to finish.  I started the water boiling for the pasta as the bread machine quit and had everything cooking by the time the pasta went in the water.  Here is the calorie count:

  • Total calories per serving (4 total): 394.9 g
  • Total fat: 7.2 g (sat. 0.9 g)
  • Cholesterol: 173 mg
  • Sodium:  658.7 mg
  • Carbohydrates: 55.1 g
  • Fiber: 8.2 g
  • Sugar: 11.8 g
  • Protein: 33.4 g

Add about 150 more calories for a hefty slice of focaccia (I used the homemade Pecan Pesto on this batch), and you have an Italian feast for around 550 calories.  Feel free to adjust the red pepper flakes to your liking or leave them out completely.  I like it hot, but my little one can't take the heat.  So, I just added the red pepper at the table for those who wanted it.  Try it out and let me know what you think.  Happy eating!

Links:
  1. Shrimp Fra Diavolo
  2. Basic Focaccia
  3. Pecan Pesto

No comments:

Post a Comment