Thursday, July 1, 2010

Mom Cooks Again - Steakhouse Potato Salad

The only thing better than good food is food you didn't have to cook.  Can I get an "Amen"?  Mom cooked another fabulous meal of baked ham, creamed corn, stewed mustard greens, and an amazing Steakhouse Potato Salad.  She made some variations to a Kraft recipe that absolutely make this dish unbelievable.  The original recipe called for steamed potatoes, but she bakes them until brown and extra-crispy.  The recipe just wouldn't be the same without that change.  Now let me caution that this recipe does NOT fall under the healthy category, but once a year you should splurge on this wonderful recipe for your 4th of July picnic.  You could always opt for fat-free mayo and dressing and use turkey bacon for a lighter version.

Then Mom put dinner over the top with Nutter Butter banana pudding.  Thank God I don't like bananas, or I wouldn't be able to move right now.  What are you making to celebrate the 4th?

Links:
  1. Mom's Steakhouse Potato Salad

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to try that banana pudding! Sigh . . . again, I hope you all feel guilty about enjoying all this without us! ;-)

    ReplyDelete