Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Everybody Needs a Goal. Do You Have a Goal?

Last year while losing all that extra weight, I set some very specific goals that I wanted to achieve.
  1. Reach my goal weight of 135.
  2. Have enough energy to keep up with my family without becoming tired.
  3. Be able to run a 5K.
  4. Get down to 18% body fat.
I managed to complete the first two goals. My knees and lack of good running shoes held back my running, and I peaked at 20% body fat. So, now I am focusing on completing the last two goals. I'm not just wishing that these goals will happen. I have a plan: daily caloric intake, amount of exercise, daily water consumption, amount of rest, etc.

So my question to you is, "Do you have a goal?" Once you have a goal, then it's time to make a plan. I'm not sure who said it first, but I love the quote. "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail." It is so true. Good intentions will not get you to your goal. Only a plan will.

Over the next several weeks I will be posting on how to set your goals and how to map out a plan to meet them. While I will be focusing on physical goals, you can use the same principles in any area of your life from finances to relationships. The key is to start somewhere and start today. Our pastor always says, "You have to make a quality decision to change." That is the start. The plan is the follow-through. I can't wait to see you achieve your goals. Please post your successes for others to celebrate with you. You are worth it!

Quick...what movie does the post title come from?  I have a cookbook prize for the first correct entry on the blog or on Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. Үou are so aωesome! I ԁο nοt supρose I've truly read anything like this before. So nice to find another person with unique thoughts on this subject. Really.. thanks for starting this up. This site is something that's needed оn
    the wеb, ѕomeоnе with ѕοmе
    origіnаlity!

    Ηeгe is mу web blog :: gardenіng tips ()

    ReplyDelete