Monday, April 26, 2010

It's a Fiesta!

I was looking forward to this meal all weekend.   Then, it got side-tracked when I realized I was out of ancho chili powder.  Argh!   But, where there's a will, there's a way.  So, instead of Saturday night dinner with Sunday leftovers, I pushed it back to Sunday night.  Here was the menu:





Grilled Roadside Chicken
Rice with Pigeon Peas
Rustic Guacamole

I have the first two recipes posted on the Recipe Index along with any modifications or special cooking instructions.  The guacamole is a little of this, a little of that.  My wonderful daughter made it, and even with not-quite-ripe avocados, she made it taste amazing!  The ingredients are simple: mashed avocados, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chopped cilantro (from the garden!), and lime juice, all to taste.
My husband grilled the chicken to perfection over charcoal, so it was truly a family effort.  And, isn't that really what it's all about: family joining together for nourishment, for fun, for life!  What a perfect ending to a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment