Here's the menu:
- Ham and Cheese Frittata
- Whop 'Em Biscuits (see below)
- Fresh Fruit
This is a great beginning recipe to get kids involved in. What child wouldn't love digging his hands into butter and sugar? Here are three variations to choose from:
- Whop 'Em Biscuits - the original
- Sticky Bun Whop 'Em Biscuits
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Whop 'Em Biscuits - pictured here
- Try to NOT use a dark pan when baking these. It makes a caramel-sauce that will burn if it gets too hot. If you only have a dark pan, lower the oven temperature 25-50 degrees and cook them a little longer, just until the biscuits are set and not doughy.
- Every oven is different, so you may need to adjust cooking times. I see posts on the internet all the time complaining that the recipe didn't cook as directed. The bottom line is that it probably won't exactly. A good rule of thumb is to keep a close eye on it the first time you cook it, and note the time it takes in your oven. Then you will have fool-proof directions for the next time you bake it.