Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dinner with Mom

It doesn't get any better than this: dinner at Mom's.  I have never had a bad meal from my mom.  (Okay, the fried Spam doesn't count.  I would actually eat that stuff as a kid.)

My mom has always been a great cook from a line of great cooks, and I am so thankful that she passed that passion along to me.  Tonight we tried Ina Garten's (Barefoot Contessa) Company Pot Roast.  Boy, was it good!  We also made her Baked Potatoes with Yogurt and Sour Cream.  Of course no Southern table would be complete in the summertime without a bowl of fresh field peas and sliced tomatoes.

Now this is what I call a spread.  The only thing that makes it better is the hands that prepared it and my family I get to share it with.  I dearly miss cooking with my mom and am so thankful for any chance that I get to do so.  Have you called your mom today?  Tell her you miss her and thank you for all she means to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment