Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mexi-Casserole in 30 Minutes

I hear you.  You HATE leftovers.  Personally I think leftovers are a lot better when they morph into something different.

If you read my post a few days ago about Seasoned Ground Beef, you saw that it makes a whopping 4 pounds of ground beef.  Normally I freeze the leftovers, but I have been extremely busy in the garden trying to guard it against the torrential rains we have been having.  I needed something quick for meals, but by day three even I am sick of tacos.

So I decided to make a layered Mexi-casserole with similar flavors but at least something a bit different.  It's simple: a layer of refried beans, a layer of corn tortillas, ground beef, more tortillas, then cheese.  Twenty minutes in the oven until warmed through and all that's left is to top it with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and sour cream.  The best part was that it was low-calorie and filling.  It was just what I needed after a long day toiling in the garden.

  • Total calories per serving excluding any added toppings (8 servings): 347.4 g
  • Total fat: 11.8 g (sat. 4.1 g)
  • Cholesterol: 43.1 mg
  • Sodium:  491.7 mg
  • Carbohydrates: 34.6 g
  • Fiber: 7.5 g
  • Sugar: 2.4 g
  • Protein: 25.2 g

Links:
  1. Mexi-Casserole
  2. Seasoned Ground Beef

No comments:

Post a Comment