Sunday, June 13, 2010

Pollo Arosto (Lemon Rosemary Chicken) and Grilled Onions with Romesco Sauce

I think I could eat a whole bowl of this Romesco sauce.  Where have you been all my life?  It was so tasty on the toasted bread and green onions, but I can definitely see where you would benefit from a larger onion.  There just wasn't much onion left to eat after removing the tough outer skin.  My thought was to try large spring onions next time or simply cut a sweet yellow onion into thick rings to grill instead.  Either would be tasty.

The chicken was equally fantastic.  I made two slight modifications.  I halved the amount of rosemary because it's a great flavor but one I like in moderation.  I also allowed it to marinate for three hours instead of one.

I cooked two whole chickens so I would have leftovers, with the white meat on one sheet and the dark on the other, switching racks half-way through.  That worked out nicely because it took an extra 5-7 minutes for the dark meat to cook.

The only calories in addition to the chicken itself would be a little olive oil.  Since some of it does not stick during marinating, I am estimating that you have one to two teaspoons per piece of chicken, depending on the size of the piece.  You could easily remove the skin for even fewer calories.  Here is the calorie count for one tablespoon of the Romesco sauce.  The recipe made approximately 4 cups total: plenty to freeze for another time or two.
  • Total calories per tablespoon: 28.4
  • Total fat: 2.3 g (sat. 2.3 g)
  • Cholesterol: 0 mg
  • Sodium:  20.7 mg(not including added salt to taste)
  • Carbohydrates: 1.7 g
  • Fiber: 0.3 g
  • Sugar: 0.4 g
  • Protein: 0.4 g
This was another amazing meal that didn't break the calorie bank.  Happy eating!

Links:
  1. Pollo Arosto (Lemon Rosemary Chicken)
  2. Grilled Green Onions with Romesco Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment