Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Another Second Chance...Don't Pass This One By!

I find myself in the unenviable position of a major set-back.  Raise your hand if you are there or have been there.  Two years ago this month marks the anniversary of a big change in my life.  I finally made a quality decision to take care of myself for good.  This was not a New Year's Resolution that lasts a week or two.  This was to be a life-long change.  I dropped 50 plus pounds (at some point you just quit weighing), but more importantly, I started on a road to becoming the fit, energetic, and positive woman I knew was deep inside me.

Then it happened.  Last Thanksgiving I took a long roadtrip to visit family and took a break from my regular menu and exercise.  The menu was not the real problem.  I could control my portions.  The exercise break, however, was a BIG mistake.  I started a downward spiral of back injuries, knee injuries, illness, and more that has led me to where I am now.  On the floor.  Literally.  See, I'm typing this while laying face-down on the floor because that is one of the few positions that does not cause me immense pain.  The verdict: a degenerated disc and muscle strains and sprains from my neck, to back, to knee... you get the picture.  I'm a mess.

I had moments in between that first injury and now where I tried to resume some normalcy, only to end up with another interruption or another injury.  Did I try hard enough?  Maybe, maybe not.  But, now I have to deal with where I am and what got me here to prevent this ever happening again.

Maybe you are here too and are wondering, "What do I do now?"  First, we are going to quit feeling sorry for the shape we are in.  Second, we are going to look back only long enough to figure out where the mistakes were made and learn from them.  Last, we are going to pull ourselves up and start somewhere.  I refuse to spend one more day on this floor feeling sorry for myself.  I managed to get strong once, I can definitely do it again, and so can you!

While I wrote this post as much for myself as I did for you, I want you to know I am with you every step of the way.  That is why I started HungryHappyHealthy: to help others achieve what I had and even more.  I refuse to live anything except an extraordinary life!

So you have to ask yourself one question.  Will you make that quality decision to pick yourself up and become all you were meant to be?  Are you truly ready?  Who's with me?!?!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment